If you’re worried about COVID-19 impacting your wedding plans this year, please be reassured that we’re able to work with you through any disruptions that might occur. Based on current assessments from Maine CDC, the novel coronavirus could impact gatherings including events like weddings into the foreseeable future.
Due to the nature of the virus here in Maine, and the potential for increased community spread at large events, we’ve instituted the following policies and changes to our services to ensure the safety of our DJs and your guests:
- Safety is important to us, and we’re also 100% committed to upholding our contract for service on your wedding date.
- Due to the nature of this outbreak, we understand that you or your venue may re-evaluate your plans as we get closer to your wedding date.
- If your wedding date is before July 15, 2020, and you choose to cancel your event based on concerns surrounding the coronavirus, we will cancel our contract and return any payments you have already made, including your retainer payment. As conditions develop, we will follow guidance from Maine CDC and the Governor’s Office in determining whether to extend this window past July 15, 2020.
- If your wedding date is before July 15, 2020 and you choose to postpone your event to a later date based on concerns surrounding coronavirus, we will move our contract to your new date, subject to our availability on your rescheduled date. If we’re not available on your new event date, we will cancel our contract and return any payments you have already made, including your retainer payment. As conditions develop, we will follow guidance from Maine CDC and the Governor’s Office in determining whether to extend this window past July 15, 2020.
- If you do choose to cancel or reschedule your wedding, please let us know as soon as possible.
- All contracted events scheduled during periods affected by “no gathering” or “limited gathering” orders issued by the Governor’s Office will be cancelled.
- Please also be aware that, at our discretion, we may implement procedures at each event that limits physical contact with the DJ and the DJ may choose to wear a face mask/face shield at the event if deemed necessary.
Please let us know if you have any questions at all – we’re all navigating this together, and we’re really looking forward to another terrific wedding season in 2020. Please note: In the event a refund is requested under this policy, please allow up to 30 days for the refund to be processed from the date requested.